Creating value for next generation

The founders

Leon and Marguerite Burrus, the founder’s parents, built the Domaine de Guilé in 1928 after two years of marriage. Leon made sure that their home was built to face France, where his wife had grown up. It is styled after the architecture in the Place des Vosges square in Paris.

After the family company was sold in 1996, Charles Burrus (1929-2011) and his wife Bernadette felt a need to give back to society. They created Fondation Guilé to continue their family heritage and provide entrepreneurs with the necessary strategies and tools to become ethically responsible players in today’s international markets.

The Domaine de Guilé has welcomed many personalities over the years; Kofi Annan paid a visit after Fondation Guilé signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the UN to promote the Global Compact.

The Charles Burrus couple inspired the foundation’s work towards peace and justice in order to give hope to future generations. Charles Burrus passed away on 9 May 2011. His spirit continued to live on for some years in the activities of Fondation Guilé.